Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Batman!

Now it seems I've been copping out quite alot recently with just posts of photos and videos that are found on the internets. And on some level, you'd be right. But since I only post things that resonate with me, just looking at those things should give you a quick snapshot of myself as a person, my likes/dislikes, and maybe even my psyche if you so choose.

Well, everyone I know knows that I like Batman. I think Batman is awesome in so many ways, and not just because he's got a cool car. In this character, I see the epitome of human conditioning, and how discipline and training can take a person onto a wholly different level. I also see a deep psychiatric trauma in the character, bordering almost on insanity. Imagine a person driven to project the same fear that one has felt onto others; to inflict pain/vengence/penance onto those who would otherwise do with same without remorse. Both these concepts/aspects appeal to me.

In one of the comics, Batman declared that the identity of Bruce Wayne was the disguise, and that Batman was his true personality. And that Bruce Wayne would be discarded as it no longer suited his needs. This has always left a deep impression on me.

So here's another reimagining of The Batman. The artist, Mike Mitchell, conceptualised Bruce Wayne as being middle-classed and was never rich. An interesting concept, and an interesting image.
This image was taken from Mike Mitchell's blog

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

You got me interested. Is this worth a read?

Ken Lee said...

The art actually isn't from an existing comic; It's just a artistic piece.

There are a number of fairly well written Batman comics which share the traits I talked about though.