Monday, September 22, 2008

Albury, NSW

I drove up to Albury, NSW to attend BorderCon 2008 over the weekend. It was a leisurely, pleasant 3½-hour drive, mostly because I was in the backseat. We arrived there Friday evening, stayed in a quaint motel and immediately got right into gaming.

It was less of a convention and more of a game group meeting, but it was still loads of fun. I met many nice people and played a bunch of new games, which is always the aim of attending any convention.

Albury seemed like a nice town, and it was bigger than I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting a rural backwater, but I sure wasn't expecting clean, wide, well-paved roads with plenty of street lighting. The city centre was also bigger than I thought it would be. Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Games played:
Battlestations x2
Cash & Gun
Container
Crokinole x2
Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper
Tikal
Tomb
Zopp x2

2 comments:

Phoeniix said...

Albury is a nice town. We stopped by there for lunch on the drive down to Melb in June. Have a friend from there and she loves going back to Albury to visit her relatives evernow and then but what I do not understand is how she could DRIVE all the way from brissy.

Ken Lee said...

It was a pleasant drive up from Melbourne. But coming down from Brisbane is a little crazy.