Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Secret Santa Gift: Warriors of God

I've taken part in BoardgameGeek's Secret Santa program for a few years now, and it's always a great deal of fun. I surprise someone with an awesome gift and I receive one in return. This year was no exception though I had to be extra patient. My Secret Santa gift just arrived two days ago having traveled many miles from the far north.

And inside was Warriors of God.



Warriors of God focuses primarily on the Hundred Years' War from 1337 - 1453. The game is beautifully produced with excellent components. The rulebook read very easily, and suggests that while the rules are simple, there is a great deal of depth in the game play. I'm looking forward to getting this on the table soon.

3 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

WOW! I am astounded! Do let me know how this plays!

Phoeniix said...

I've a copy too!! I forgot that I actually pre ordered this some years back. Unfortunately this has been sitting at home collecting dust. Since you'll be back soon, let's do a game? Been wanting to buy a plastic chits case (like the one I have for lock n load) to hold all the bits but PI don't seem to carry it anymore. Would minds or milsims have such? If you see one, get it for me? Thanks =)

Ken Lee said...

Sounds good, man. Means I don't have to bring my copy back in order to play it.

Let's play it at the next SOG.

I'll keep an eye out for the plastic trays for you. Unfortunately, Milsims is far from where I'm living now. So I probably won't be able to get there before I come back.