Friday, April 24, 2009

What I've been playing

It's been a busy couple of weeks. Aside from work, I'm still working on those things I talked about a while back. But I did manage to get some gaming in.

Guitar Heroes: On Tour: Decades
I've been playing this heavily for the past week. I'm putting together a review for Pixel Hunt, so I've been hitting it pretty hard. You'll be able to see my opinions regarding it in a month or so.

Crysis: Warhead
I picked this up along with another game from the EB Games "2 for $50" sale. I've surprisingly been able to play this on my laptop, albeit with reduced graphical quality. Still, it's running fairly well. There haven't been any standout moments as yet, but the overall experience has been enjoyable. That I can approach it from multiple angles, given it's open world nature is a big plus in my book.

Company of Heroes
This was the other game I picked up as part of the EB Games sale. I can see why it has been so highly regarded since it's launch. Each unit seems to display a level of intelligence, plus there's a lot of tactical considerations for the player. I've only played a couple of missions so far, so I'm keen to see how it goes.

Left 4 Dead
Played a good co-op game last weekend, after being cussed out of a Versus game. I'm just not that good and I'm often a burden on my team-mates in Versus mode. Co-op is my best choice, and even then I'm only any good on Normal difficulty. Advanced mode just makes a fool out of me.

Civilization 4
There's so much meat on this bone, I'm not sure if I can take it all in. I've won one campaign but I'm sure I wasn't playing at an optimal level. I did get everyone to vote me as leader of the world though.

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Do you play the campaigns in RTS games?

Ken Lee said...

I do, most times. I'm nowhere good enough to compete in multiplayer, so that's why I usually stick to singleplayer.