Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blood Bowl available on PC



Ooh... Blood Bowl for the PC has just been released, and I'm very tempted to go get it. It's available as a download, for the price of €42.89.

I've never played the old Blood Bowl tabletop game, but it is a premise that I think I'd enjoy very much: Fantasy characters (elves, orcs) playing a brutal form of American-styled football. It has always been well-received, and there's still remains a loyal following.

This new PC iteration seems to offer the same type of experience. In fact, it seems to offer two kinds of experiences: A turn-based system, more akin to the original boardgame, and a real-time mode which would appeal to more twitch players.

Either way, it's only a small download (3gb) and it seems to be worth my while. I'm thinking that I'll need to rustle up a few players and get a league going.

Blood Bowl is available here.

1 comment:

Ozvortex said...

Hey Ken,
I'm looking forward to this being released later this year on the xBox 360. Let us know your thoughts on gameplay if you do download it. Cheers, Wayne.