Saturday, November 21, 2009

Life in Melbourne: Pearl Jam Live

I'm wearing the tour t-shirt that I bought at Pearl Jam's concert last night. I'm still blown away by the whole experience, and I'm trying to hold on to that feeling for as long as possible.

I've been a Pearl Jam fan for a long time now, even though I was made extremely aware that there are far more dedicated fans than I. I'm only familiar with their more recent albums; I haven't even listened to Ten (their breakout album) yet. And that is something I hope to remedy soon.

But the concert was absolutely fantastic. Eddie Vedder is brilliant as a singer, and so mesmerising on stage. The guitar solos were face melting, the atmosphere exhilarating. People were singing along to all the classics, jumping to the beat and throwing their hands into the air.

Seeing them play live was a huge wish fulfilled for me. And I'm glad I just decided to go, even if it was by myself.

1 comment:

rakeback said...

Pearl Jam is the standout band of the 1990's along with Nirvana. There music is honest and genuine and there is a message behind their music. Eddie Vedder is one of the great front-mans of all time, and McCready is an amazing guitar player.