Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Confirmed

I've just gotten my employment confirmation from my supervisor, so I'm officially permanently employed and am no longer on probabtion. So... Yea! That's pretty cool, because I was supposed to be confirmed only in November, and my boss told me that she was going to do it a month early, since I'm definitely staying.

But work has been a little crazy lately. There's plenty to do, and not really enough time to do it all in. The toughest part is the liasing with so many different parties (vendors, guests, other VIPs). So there's alot of back and forth, and lots of phone calls/emails/meetings/discussions. Damn, it's not easy putting together an award ceremony. There's the techinical aspect (venue, audio/visual equipment, lighting, photography), creative aspect (room layout, stage backdrop, exhibition panels, video montage). There's also the script for speeches, confirmation of menus, citations, media writeups, invitations (we sent out about 900+++ letters, and 800+++ invitation cards), guestlists, and seating plans.

But I'll just roll with the punches, you know. I can handle it. But I wouldn't mind a smoke about now.

1 comment:

Phoeniix said...

Congrats man .... definitely a good note to hear. =)

Me just dying for all the assignments to just end. hahahha