Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gaming day

I went over to Weng Keong's place for an afternoon of games. The session was supposed to start in the morning, but I didn't get there til about 3pm. It was an enjoyable experience, and I'd say it was a good day overall. Of course, anyday I get to play a few games is a good one for me.

I find that my playing time has reduced recently which is a shame. And kinda odd, since I set up SOG just so that I could play more. I really need to step it up a bit more.

I played a number of games today:
UFO
Ole
Time Pirates
Ra
The Great Dalmuti

Overall, I think my favourite game today was Ra. It really is quite an ingenious auction game. There aren't many rules, but there are many subtilties in the process, and it leads to many interesting situations. The theme really is quite thin (almost non-existant, I would say) but overall a very good game.

No comments: