Monday, April 16, 2007

On leave

I'm on leave at home today. It's 10.30am, and I only just got out of bed. I haven't brushed my teeth even. I love days off.

Last week was particularly long for me, and I'm glad that it's over. I had to put together another event, and I was very anxious regarding the success of it, considering that there were significant problems 2 weeks back.

But things went smooth, and I'm glad that it's over. But the week had taken it's toll on me, to a point that I wasn't even looking toward organising SOG this weekend.

But I'm glad that I did. Because despite having to run around a little to put things together, SOG was another extremely enjoyable experience. We had a total of 47 people turn up for games, and there were all sorts of games being played. I met with some old friends, and met a bunch of new ones. One of the new persons to come game actually lives in the same block as me. I've see her a number of times in the morning whilst going to work, so I was surprised to see her stroll in on Saturday afternoon.

I managed to play a game of Imperial (though I got a major rule wrong), which I've been wanting to do since I bought the game a while back. I also managed to play a bit of Pitchcar and A Game of Thrones. All in all, I'm glad that SOG went on without a hitch. Of course, I gotta thank Mark for coming by to help out.

I'm meeting Alexis to play Combat Commander tomorrow. Ah... Good times.

No comments: