Thursday, April 10, 2008

Iron Man: The Movie: The Action Figure

As you may already be aware, I am filled with anticipation for the new Iron Man movie. He's always been one of my favourite characters, alongside Batman. I guess the idea that normal humans can exceed their limitations through technology, discipline and training is appealing to me.

I knew that there would be a toy line coming out for the movie, and I was eager to go check it out. Based on the images I saw online however, I was a little disappointed. The toys looked a little... underwhelming.

That left a bad taste in my mouth, so I decided to check out the real deal at Target, at a nearby shopping mall. And I have to say, the damn thing looks a whole lot better up close. The photos had the figure in a odd pose, and I think that worked against it.

I think I might just go and pick up one for myself.

2 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

I saw a sequence recently where Ironman blew up a MBT with a wrist-mounted guided missile as an afterthought! Whoa whoa!

Phoeniix said...

hey hey!!!

u have a mobile yet? I kinda forgot that you brought that big suitcase along with you and ivan and i had to carry the games in a box ....