Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Stealthy like a Ninja

I went to GameScore yesterday with the express purpose of picking up a cartridge case for my DS games. And while I was there, I couldn't resist picking up Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword for the Nintendo DS, along with Burnout: Paradise for the Xbox360.

I've heard some good buzz for Ninja Gaiden, and I was keen on checking it out. So far, it hasn't disappointed, but I'm still fairly early into the game. But I've got one minor gripe with the game. Or at least, a gripe with the opinions of the gaming press regarding the game.

Over at 1up, there have been claims that the game is too easy, and that it isn't much of a challenge. All I can say to that is... Bullshit.

I only just defeated the second boss, but only by a whisper; And it was on my second attempt. The first time I tried, I got my ass totally handed to me... by a leg-less pig ogre. And that's not counting the number of times I died getting to the boss in the first place. Apparently there are werewolves in the world of ninjas.

And I swear, things are going even more crazy now. There are ninjas that look like demons, and demons that look like dogs. And there's some chick with half a face and a tentacle for an arm who calls herself "Ultra-Fiend" or something like that.

5 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

How is Assassin's Creed? Have you played that one?

Ken Lee said...

I wrote a review for that game in one of my older posts. You ought to check it out.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Thanks dude. I follow your blog quite faithfully but somehow, I must have forgotten that I read that. Heh. My memory! Nooo..

Ken Lee said...

I think it's maybe because I'm too prolific a writer for you to keep up. Also, you may have been blinded by my genius.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hahahaha! Hail Ken, Messiah of Gaming! I am blinded by the brilliance emanating from His Keness!