Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Macross: Ace Frontier

I'm a big fan of Macross. Or at least, I'm a big fan of the Macross concept, but the execution always left me cold.

Watching episodes of the original show now only serves as a reminder to how outdated and old the show was. The animation, characters and stories that captured my imagination as a child has lost much of its shine.

The videogames were mostly mediocre as well, and I feel they have never truly captured the feel of Macross.

But there's no denying that Macross still holds a special spot for me, and this game could be the one. It looks bleeding awesome.

2 comments:

Phoeniix said...

well that is to be expected as the cartoon continue to look more and more dated compared to the vibrancy of today's animes.

I kinda liked the game though it can get somewhat repetitive but the different models of mecha always makes me come back for more =)

Have you watched the latest macross series? can't remember what it is called....

Ken Lee said...

I'm guessing that you're talking about the Robotech: Battlecry game? That wasn't bad... but it wasn't really good, eh?

No, I haven't seen the new series yet. It's called Macross: Frontier, right?

And you know what? I couldn't resist buying the original Macross boxset from JB Hi-Fi. It was going for $32.98!