Monday, July 17, 2006

Singapore Open Gaming (SOG) V: After the dust has settled

It's been 5 months since I started this new gaming group. So far, I've had a lot of support from other gamers and I'm very happy for that. We had 17 people turn up at this last gaming session, 4 of whom are new to SOG. What I am glad for is that there are new people turning up each month.

But I recieved some... I wouldn't say bad news, but it's not good news either. Let's just say it's... news. I had previously asked the Residents' Committee if it were possible to get the current venue for free if I did some community work for them. I was hoping to organise a gaming session for the residents, and maybe even people who live within the district. The committee decided that response wouldn't be good at all, and would rather that I continue the current arrangement of just paying for the venue. I'm a little disappointed, but I can't say I actually expected much. I would have liked to have gotten the venue for free, and I would have liked to use my interests and hobbies as a community tool. I think if I wanted to do that, to do community service through my interests, I may have to move in other directions.

I just haven't figured out which direction yet.

I need a cheaper venue, if that's possible. I think I'd be hard-pressed to find such a place unless I get some form of support somewhere. I need a place that's central, with good facilities, and cheap. I wonder if the National Youth Council would be of any help at all...

2 comments:

Ken Lee said...

Thanks, mate. I write mostly for my own benefit, but I'm glad that it's a fun read for others too.

I'll be checking out your blog too.

Friendless said...

Hey BTW, Critical Mass is starting to be twice a month, and we may need to move to a bigger hall. Woohoo!