Thursday, February 15, 2007

Entrepreneurship

I was talking to Mark last weekend about business ideas again, and he commented that I've been talking about this topic more often recently. I hadn't noticed, but looking back, I guess I must have been.

I've been thinking more and more about starting my own business, and I've been running ideas through my head on possible things to do. I haven't really fleshed anything out and it's all just abstract thoughts in my head at the moment.

I've always thought about doing my own thing for a long time now. Shaun and I used to talk about opening a restaurant/cafe/pub when we were in school together. And I've often thought about starting a retail business in whatever hobby I was interested in at any particular time (comics, boardgames, photography, etc).

Recently I've been having even more thoughts about starting a business. And I guess this has been due, in part, to me hosting my most recent visitor. Daniel works at the Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Resources in Australia. And during his visit to Singapore in January, I accompanied him on a number of briefings at various agencies and economic bodies, dealing mostly in Small and Medium Enterprises. Sitting in on these meetings really gave me an interesting insight into the world of SMEs. And it's tickled my fancy even more now.

I have a couple concepts in my head right now, but I'm not sure if it'll be able to fly. I've got to find out more about how to minimise my risk, should I choose to go down this path, and I've got to work out a business plan. But do I have the courage to take the plunge?

3 comments:

Phoeniix said...

well know that if you ever need a partner, i'm most willing to hear what plans you have =)

besides theres adrian who can provide sound advice too no?

Ken Lee said...

It's just wanted I really want to persue this any further. I'm still very unsure about it, and up til now, it's only been random thoughts in my head.

Anonymous said...

Hi ken,

There's nothing wrong in trying. If you think that it is the right time then go. It is good that you are 101% ready for everything.

Good luck to you