Sunday, February 25, 2007

A year of change?

Chinese New Year is almost over, and I'm looking ahead and I wonder what a year it would be for me. Would there be many changes or upheavals? Or would it be smooth sailing over calm waters for me?

There has been changes at the workplace, and I'm hoping that it will have a positive effect on the office environment. As with any office, there often are disagreements or conflicts, but things have been becoming a little uncomfortable. But hopefully things will look up from here.

I recently met Audrea's parents and family over the New Year, in my official capacity as "The Boyfriend". It was a little nerve-wrecking, as I'm often not comfortable in new social settings. But I think I passed the interview.

My gaming group is officially one year in, and I think that's quite an accomplishment. And of course I couldn't have done it without some help. It's great to have a strong group together, and I think that we'll only grow more from here on in.

This year, I'm looking forward to having the group grow, and establish itself as a fixture within the boardgaming community. I'm also looking toward investing my money, and starting a portfolio, as money in the bank is just stagnant and depreciating. I'm also hoping to make another trip somewhere, though I haven't decided where yet. Taiwan sounds like an intersting place to get to, though I'm tempted to get back to Brisbane, Seattle, Dallas and Hong Kong. I'm also interested in doing some backpacking. I'm also hoping to get back in Taekwando, because I've stopped in the past month. Work has been crazy and I've been missing classes.

So that's what the year looks for me. I hope it's a good one. What I should do is go and look at my fortune, and have a look at what these soothsayers have to say. I might go to a bookshop later and check out some fortune-telling books.

1 comment:

Phoeniix said...

Taiwan!!!! hahaha. The thought of going there has been planted in my head and I wanna get as many different stamps on my passport before it expires ;p