Wednesday, January 23, 2008

AT-43

I don't often get excited about a game that's been released for a while. Usually, if a game doesn't grab me from the get-go, it's hard to get me interested again. But AT-43 is an exception, and there's a very very good reason for this:

Gorillas in power armour, with giant laser cannons strapped to their backs. Bloody frickin' genius!

AT-43 is a miniatures strategy game, along the lines of Warhammer 40k, or Warmachine. But I have been fairly ambivalent towards it; I'm generally not a fan of miniatures games. Most games in this genre require assembly and painting which I do not enjoy. But AT-43 comes fully pre-assembled and pre-painted.

Opinions have been positive overall, but I'm still undecided if I should dive into it. Cost is always an issue, and I'm not sure how popular the game is. But the miniatures look super sweet, and I'm having good feelings about it. Good feelings in my special places.

1 comment:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

All I can say is 'WOW!'