Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year Resolutions

1) Watch more movies
I've always enjoyed watching film, and it's one of my most favorite hobbies. Back in Australia, I'd take every opportunity to go to the movies, even if I had to go on my own. Especially if I had to go on my own; I've found that enjoying a good film was a very personal experience. Since I've been back, I haven't seen as many movies as I'd like. And I hope to remedy that in 2008. I saw Dan in Real Life on my own on Sunday morning and it made me remember how much I enjoy going to the movies.

2) Lose weight, and reach my target of 85kg
I've always had a problem with losing weight: Laziness. And to a lesser extent, boredom. I start an activity, and very shortly after I'd become too uninterested to continue. I tried to start Taekwando, but I stopped going after a month. I've been walking, jogging, cycling and swimming but I'd end those fairly shortly. I've been to the gym and that hasn't been effective either. I never see things through to the end because it becomes too tedious, too bothersome and too uninteresting. This is something I need to change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I've been walking, jogging, cycling & swimming but I'd end those fairly shortly."
=======================
Add more fun to it & u'll last longer. eg. cycle around to explore, see scenery

Ken Lee said...

That's good advice. Now I just need to get off my ass to do it. And that'll take a while. Hah!

Anonymous said...

Ken will never see it through! The only way you have a chance of slimming down will probably be 1) Drug usage 2) Some machine from Osim 3) Captured by terrorists...

No other way I can think of that happening...