Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Secret Santa & My First Christmas Gift

You may have read over at Mark's blog about him joining the Secret Santa program running at Boardgamegeek.com. Well, I signed up to that too.

What happens is that we would each get assigned a 'target', to whom we would anonymously send a gift, which would preferrably be in the form of a boardgame. The end effect is that everyone would recieve a gift from a mysterious Secret Santa.

And I just recieved my very first christmas present of the season from my Secret Santa. My mom called me at the office yesterday to let me know that there was a package waiting for me, and I knew that my gift had come. I got home as soon as I could (let's not talk about the hour long jam I was caught in yesterday), and first thing I did was to crack open the package to see what I got.

And it was The Downfall of Pompeii! My Secret Santa obviously took a look at my wishlist on BGG and got me a game that I was really interested in. It was great!

I tried to call Mark to see if he got his game, but he didn't pick up. I guess he must still be running around in a forest yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Running around in the jungle is an understatement. Try adding the words "wet", "miserable" and "dead beat tired" to it and it would give you a surface feel of what it was like. hahahhaa.

Hope mine came in too ... else it will be a damn sad week ...

-mark-