Wednesday, August 02, 2006

All quiet on the western front

Nothing to report. Things have been plodding along and no particular highlights in the past couple weeks.

Work is starting to pile up because I am planning, and will be executing, a visit programme soon. I'm going to be busy the week starting 13 Aug. But I think I can manage. I just had my mid-year review yesterday. I've only been here for 3 months and I don't have much in terms of completed achievements. But HR requires a review of all staff, including new ones. So my superiors have deemed me as... cooperative, reliable, efficient and a team player. I'm not going to say that I'm not, cos I do try to do my work well. So I'm glad that they recognise this. I might get a little careless sometimes with the spelling and all, but I really do try. They also said that I have a very postive attitude. Hahaha... I guess I do have that.

The 1st ever Singapore Board Games Championship was just held over the weekend, and I was a judge at the event. I'm quite glad that I volunteered because I really do want to do what I can to support the boardgaming community. Boardgaming is my hobby, and I would like to see increased awareness about it. I enjoy playing with my regular gaming buddies, but I would like to see it grow, and I would like to be part of that growing process. It's not enough to just sit back and grumble about how bad things are, how they can improve, if one isn't already trying to contribute in the 1st place. Volunteering now will allow me to have a bigger input the next time this event is ever held again.

The next biggest thing to be coming along this week is Audrea's birthday. I'm real excited about it, and I'm glad that our friends can all make it to dinner. I think it'll be great. I just need to be ordering a cake now, and make reservations for dinner on Saturday.

Is there anything else exciting happening in my life? No... Not really. But that's alright.

No comments: