Friday, August 04, 2006

Mood: Cheerful/Hopeful

If I wake up, and the sun is shining, and I'm tucked underneath my blanket, and the skies are blue and the clouds are white, and I am able to sit up under my own power, then it is a good day. If I am still able-bodied, and I have clothes to keep me warm, and food to eat, and a roof over my head, then it is a good life. Everything else that comes my way is a blessing.

I have a job to keep my financially stable. I have money to spend on things that I want. I have friends and family at my side. I have a computer in which to type this on! I have more in my possession today than what some people would have in their entire lives.

Boy, it sure helps to know that there are many miserable people out there who live more wretched lives than I!

No comments: