Monday, August 28, 2006

I want... No, I need the air-con fixed.

For the sake of my sanity, I need that thrice-damned aircon fixed, and I need it fixed now. I don't think I'll be able to survive very long without it, and everyday without it is torturous to me. I will suffer, on a daily basis, if the aircon is not up and running.

But it's not my aircon that is broken. Oh no. The one in my room is working fine. It's purring beautifully. It's the aircon in my parents' room that is broken, along with the ones in the dining room and living room. Those 3 units are linked to the same compressor, and I believe it has broken down, rendering all the linked units to cease functioning too.

My dad, unable to sleep in a warm room, cooled only by an electric fan, has decided to move into my room, to take advantage of my still functioning aircon, whilst his is broken. So he's sleeping in my room now. And he snores a little; about as softly as a chainsaw.

Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night at all. If he wasn't snoring, he was talking, and it has kept me up most of the night. I can't keep my ears covered under my pillow because the moment I actually fall asleep, something slips, and I can feel the full force of his snores and I'm jolted awake again.

I finally moved to the couch at about 4am, trying to catch some sleep in quiet. My mom woke up shortly after, and offered her bed to me. So I did manage to catch a few hours of peaceful rest.

But I may be in for more torture if that damn aircon isn't fixed and soon. I'm shattered here. I'm about to crash.

3 comments:

Phoeniix said...

hahah love that chainsaw comment.

Poor boy. ;p

Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hilarious man!

All daddys snore....EEEEeeks!

Anonymous said...

Take a look at Concaire, you might be able to fix it yourself and save lots of $$$, http://www.concaire.com