Friday, September 15, 2006

I want DDs

Ok. This is going to be a totally geeky post. So if you don't like geek stuff, carry on walking.

I went a little crazy on spending these last 2 days. I spent a bit in setting up my Xbox Live, and getting Chrome Hounds online. But now I'm up and running, and I'm taking my hound out for many a joyrides.

Hound? That's the game's euphamism for big honkin' robots with big honkin' guns. But a mech by another other name would still sound as sweet as I crush my opponent under the weight of my guns.

I've got a Defender, a slow moving thing bristling with guns. Not really bristling, cos I'm still lacking most of the upgrades that would become available once I've played the single-player game. But til then, this is the best I've got. I've loaded my hound with 2 light cannons, 2 machine guns, and 2 rocket pods. That'll have to do for the moment, as I slowly acquire more equipment to bolster my offensive capability.

The game is quite an experience, as it's played as a team, and one must be part of a squad before one can play. So I've joined up with a bunch of Singaporean gamers and they've been giving me tips and watching over me every step of the way. They're a good bunch of guys, but mostly that's cos everyone's just there to play a game with like-minded people.

On a seperate issue, I've confirmed my flight to Seattle.

No comments: