Monday, September 25, 2006

Shopping spree... DVDs for cheap at HMV

I went out to town on my own this afternoon. I saw a number of DVDs at HMV yesterday and I wanted to pick them up today, while I still had money on me. I just got paid, and I needed to spend my money before it ran out. Yes. That's what I said.

There are quite a good selection of DVDs on sale at HMV, and I picked up 6 movies just now. I think most of them are Code 3 regretfully, but at that price and selection, I just couldn't resist. There were 2 price categories: 2 for $38.95, or 2 for $28.95. I spent just slightly over $100 for those 6 movies I picked.

I got myself:
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Anchorman
The Pianist
Lost in Translation
High Fidelity
2001: A Space Odessy

Quite an electic mix, I must admit, but these are all good movies, regardless of your personal taste in film. Some classics, some critically acclaimed, and some silly movies just to take the edge off. I'm very pleased with my purchase, and I hope that I don't feel tempted to make another trip to HMV anytime soon. I think there were another 4 films that I would be keen on getting. I hope I can resist.

On a seperate but related note, I really should start going back to the movies. I used to really enjoy watching film, and I haven't seen many really good films since I've been back to Singapore. There are constantly good films being shown here but I just need to break out of my comfort zone and really go and do it. I think I should go catch a movie I've been keen on for a while: The Beat That My Heart Skipped.

No comments: