Sunday, September 17, 2006

International Talk like a Pirate Day

This coming tuesday, 19 Sept 2006, is the International Talk like a Pirate Day. It is my duty to inform you all, and request that all must talk like a pirate for the entire day. We must uphold this worthy tradition, as we each have a personal stake in ensuring that pirate-speak is passed down to our children, and our children's children.

I have never taken part in this tradition, even though I've known about it for a few years now. It's really quite a shameful thing on my part. I might make a statement or two in pirate-speak, but I have never actually talked like a pirate at all. I aim to change that this year. Avast!

I have included links here so that you too may be able to talk like a pirate. Understandably, you probably haven't had much practice in speaking in such a manner, so hopefully these following websites will be able to ease your transition into full pirate speak.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
http://loadingreadyrun.com/showmovie.php?x=480&y=360&url=talklikepirate.mov

No comments: