Sunday, November 26, 2006

Another Geek Weekend...

Ah... possibly my 2nd most favourite kind of weekend there is, besides spending time with my girl, and possibly being on vacation. Which, I guess, makes geek weekends my third favourite.

I spend most of last night playing Xbox 360 with a couple friends. We tried out Gears of War, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. And I had a blast, because it's been a long while since I've played video games with friends. We'll probably get a chance to do it again, and I'm looking forward to it.

I spent most of today playing a whole bunch of games at the Mega Meetup, a day long gaming session organised by Andy. It was a much quieter event that I had anticipated, because I thought more people would have been there. It seemed like such a swell idea, to game for 9 hours with other like-minded people. But I guess many others had alternate plans because I didn't see some gaming regulars there.

But I still had a good time because I met a few new people, met some old friends and tried a couple new games. And anytime I can do those things, in that particular order, I think is a good day. I managed to table Pitchcar and everyone who played had a really good time. I also played Ave Caesar and Iliad, the latter being something that I wanted to try with more players. I also played Arkham Horror, a game that I've owned for the longest time, but never tried til today. I think I'm ready to bring that particular game to the table, now that I am familiar with how it's played.

All in all... a good weekend. But then again, when have I ever NOT had a good weekend?

1 comment:

Phoeniix said...

I prefered Gears of War over ultimate Alliance. The latter made me sleepy and bored after a while in comparison to the adrenaline pumping-beserker-eluding-mass-killing Gears! hahahha

yes! definitely another session. Leave the save game there!