Monday, November 20, 2006

Back home...

It's good to be back home, especially to see my girl. I've missed her terribly in the 10 days I was gone, and despite me wanting not to leave Seattle, I desperately wanted to return.

I had a very good vacation in the US. My time in Dallas was an absolute blast, and I really enjoyed visiting with Shyam and Div in Seattle. It was good to see them again after almost 6 years, and I'm really happy that they have found a life together.

I visited a couple of game stores whilst I was in Seattle. I find that to be a good way to travel around a city, to look for some game stores and then just walk around the surrounding area. But I got rained on pretty badly that day, and it was cold, windy, wet and miserable.

But I had 2 gorgeous days of sun during my time there. And I took a short ferry trip to Bainbridge Island just to walk around and take in the sights. It was a really nice little place, and I enjoyed my time there very much. It has a small town feel, but everyone was quite cosmopolitan.

I wish I didn't have to leave Seattle. It's quite a beautiful city, and the people are very nice. It's not a touristy place, which I like. And I had some very good friends there. But I longed to come back home, cos there's always someone waiting for me here. And I couldn't bear to be away too long.

No comments: