Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Blogging? I should be working!

I thinking that why so many people blog, and that blogging is so popular, is that most people are supposed to be doing serious work, and they'd rather be doing something else. Makes sense, no? People are slacking off when they're supposed to be productive, and would rather talk and gossip rather than doing any real work.

Just like me.

I'm sitting in my little box, and I've got a phone, a computer, a good internet connection, AND I don't have any immediate work that needs to be done. I'm not about to volunteer for MORE work, and I'm not keen on engaging in small talk with the rest of my colleagues (at least, not at the moment). So what should I do? Just sit here and talk to myself, I guess.

So I'm going to indulge myself, and just keep banging away on this keyboard. There's nothing better to do, and things could be a lot worse. So I'm in a sort of a general malaise, which, in my mind, is the perfect mindset for blogging.

And I think this kinda applies to most people too, no? But I could be wrong, as I often am.

I mean... look at my day's highlights so far: It's 10.30 in the morning, and all I've done so far is write two emails, read some old emails, ate a couple pieces of bread, and had a big-ass cup of tea. And I think it's gonna go downhill from here. I've got a training workshop about Brand Management in the afternoon. So blogging is the next best alternative, right now.

But what do I really wanna do? What do I really want? To go home and play Oblivion on my brand-spanking Xbox 360.

1 comment:

Ken Lee said...

My god... I talk alot.