Monday, May 22, 2006

I need to work harder to meet the mark

In 2 years, you'll probably play about 101 different games. You said you'd like to own 65% of the games you play, so that brings it to 66 games. Given that you want to play 75% of your games every 2 year(s), that yields 88 games. Finally, you said you're willing to have 30% of your collection which will never be played. So, that yields a maximum reasonable collection size of 125.
Naturally, that doesn't include expansions.

Using a tool made by Mathew Gray, over at Boardgamegeek, I have calculated my maximum reasonable boardgame collection of 125 games. Which isn't far off the limit I had set for myself. I plan to, and hope to, own a total of 100 games. I've only got 36 in my collection right now, so I've got some work to do still.

I really love playing boardgames. I always have. I used to really enjoy playing Monopoly, Hotel and assorted other games. Those were really good childhood memories.

But the ones I'm loving nowadays, aren't those sorts of games at all. I prefer the euro-style of games, which are quite different from those old, outdated games I mentioned above. Games like Carcassone, St Petersburg, Purto Rico, Samurai and Power Grid have all really captured my interest.

Even heavier, more complex war themed games like A Game of Thrones, Struggle of Empires and Antike have won me over. In fact, I love these heavier games.

www.boardgamegeek.com is the absolute best source of information on boardgames, as well as a lively online community for discussing games.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/kracken is my profile there, and also a list of the games that I'm wanting to buy for myself. My wishlist of boardgames.

Which you should buy for me...

No comments: