Wednesday, May 17, 2006

So I have to get your permission to do something that YOU told me to do?

Or rather, I have to fill in a form to seek your approval to go to a seminar that you told me to go for?

I've just been burdened with a project that does not relate directly to my work, or within my job scope. And I bet I'm not a unique case. But thankfully, it is a relatively easy project, and the timeline/deadline is subject to our discretion. Believe me, that deadline will be set FAR off.

So the evil HR mistress told us about a seminar that she wanted us to go to, as it had direct relation to the project that she had just offloaded onto us. We all tacitly agreed, and then she told us to fill in a training request form to submit to her for her approval. Huh!

So I need your permission to do the thing that you told me to do?

I love HR.

No comments: