Thursday, May 25, 2006

A huge risk...

I've placed an order for a couple of items with ThinkGeek, and have them sent the item to vPost. It's a bit of a risk here, and I hope everything will go smoothly. That's US$40 that I'm putting on the line there.

It's odd, but this is the second time that I've encountered a web-store that refuses to ship to Singapore. They have both cited reasons such as item restrictions and fraudulent orders for not wanting to ship here. Odd, isn't it?

I can definately understand shipping restrictions as we do have some tough customs laws. But fraudulent orders? There must have been a few people here spoiling the market... Because of people like YOU, now I have to pay a premium to get certain items from the States.

If vPost turns out to be a cost-effective alternative method of shipping, I may use it again at other stores.

www.vpost.com.sg

No comments: