Monday, June 26, 2006

4B3, Class of 96, St Joseph's Institution

I recieved a call from an old classmate, Andy, this morning. I haven't heard from him since I left SJI, I think. It was really great to hear from him. Just talking with him, and throwing some old names around really got me thinking about my time in SJI. Absolutely fantastic! I love SJI, my only alma matar. And I really miss my days there in SJI. I almost don't consider myself a student of any school other than SJI. Poly, Uni, Primary school... they all pale in comparison to my beloved SJI.

Andy was calling me to ask if I'd be able to attend the 10 year anniversary and reunion of the Class of 96. I'm glad to say, that unless something dire prevents me from going, I'll definately be there. It'll be great to see all of the old guys again. . I look forward to singing a few school anthems with them soon!

A lot about me has been defined by my time in SJI. The entire time there has really shaped me to become the person that I am today. Of course, I picked up alot of bad traits while I was there, but that was mostly my own fault and not SJI's. But the good parts, the parts that define me and set me apart from everyone else, the parts that make me unique... I learnt from my time in SJI. My beloved alma matar turned a squealing little boy... into a whiny teeanger. Hahaha...! But seriously, I am what I am today, because of SJI. My perceptions may have changed over the years, my eyes and mind more open by the things I've seen, but the core of me, is very much still a Josephian.

Ora Et Labora.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I cannot wait for my get together. Hopefully I will be able to make it back to Singapore.