Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I wanted to write a book once.

I thought it'd be interesting for me to write a book, something like a memoir or a auto-biography. I thought I had alot of things to say, and that people would be interested in finding out how I became the person that I was. A story about an average everyday teenager that had views and opinions about the world, an intellectual beyond his years. It'll be something like The Diary of Adrian Mole, only I wouldn't come off as pretentious or idiotic.

So I decided to start writing, and chapter one was to be a chronicle of my life up til then. I talked about my early years as a precocious child, moving on through my time in school. It was a pretty decent chapter, I think.

And by the end of that chapter, I ran out of material.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I would love to read ur book! and I think adrian mole is very funny wad...

Ken Lee said...

Adrian Mole is very funny. But I felt that a large part of the humour comes from the character, who thinks he is smarter than everyone else, but actually quite an idiot.
When I wanted to write my book, my aim was NOT to appear that way.
Turns out I did, and I had ALOT less chapters than Adrian Mole ever did.
I never did write anymore past Chapter 1. Hahaha...

Anonymous said...

aww... u shld start writing ur book again some day.
It might become a best seller heh.
Den u can dedicate the book to me..--> the girl who inspired u to write again.

Ken Lee said...

I won't write again! No...! It'll turn out to be a piece of shit. Unless you want me to dedicate shit to you!?