Monday, June 19, 2006

Boy howdy, I'm tired

The work never ends. It's been a real busy month networking with all kinds of people, adding them to my growing group of gamers. Networking is a tough tough job. Sigh... It's a good thing that coming to the office offers me a place to rest and relax, and a place to hide from it all.

Honestly, I wish there was a little more real work to be done here. Not alot more, but just enough to make me feel utilised. Right now, I'm just sitting in my cubicle hammering at the keyboard. I'm checking out boardgames, news, blogging. And no one suspects a thing. Or rather, no one really cares. Everyone has got MSN running, everyone is tuning into YouTube. Well, not really everyone... but you get the idea. I'm given alot of autonomy, and I appreciate that. I am able to complete tasks at my discretion, and given the freedom and authority to do them my way. I feel empowered. And I'd like to take this and expand it further, to see what other tasks I can make my own. I actually feel motivated!

Motivated and empowered. Wow. Never thought I'd feel that way about work. Maybe it's the new job euphoria? Or that pay day is coming in a week?

No comments: