Thursday, June 29, 2006

I'm home sick today.

I'm not feeling well, and I've taken one day's medical leave. I was reluctant to, cos I didn't want to start a pattern of taking MCs here at my office. It doesn't reflect well on me, and work really isn't so distasteful that I feel the need to run away from it.

I have a tummyache, which the doctor said is probably a case of gastric flu? I've never heard of that. I know what stomach flu is, and what gastric is... Maybe I heard her wrong.

I do enjoy being at home on a weekday though. Gives me time to recharge, rest and relax a little. I find that my weekends are increasing busy and really don't offer one the sort of rest one needs anymore. I've been running around doing errands, and attending one event or another. So I'm really relishing this oppurtunity I have to just stare slack-jawed at the TV. And there wasn't anybody at home which was a nice change. I do appreciate some quiet time by myself which is becoming increasingly rare since I've been back from Australia.

No comments: