Monday, June 12, 2006

That sure was a fully packed weekend.

That was a tiring weekend. Really. I don't think I sat still much during the last couple days. I had my monthly Singapore Open Gaming session to organise, and I also had to prepare for a friend's wedding; I was his MC.

So friday night, I went out to dinner with my friend, Ian, and Stella, his wife-to-be. Had a great meal, and talked briefly about the wedding on Sunday. As we talked, it became apparent that I actually had a lot more to do than just stand around and talking into a mic. It all ended pretty late that night, as I met Audrea after and drove her home.

Saturday started early, having breakfast with Audrea. SOG started in the afternoon, with a great turnout. So I was running around making sure that everyone was nice and settled and had a game to play. We had dinner after that and I drove Audrea home after an ice cream at Island Creamery. I popped by Ian's rooms at Raffles Town Club to hammer out some details and also spend some time with him and our poly friends, as a final bachelor's night. I left around midnight.

Sunday... God, that was a busy day. I swung round RTC about 9.30, running through last minute preparations, running though my script, discussing the soleminising ceremony with the Justice of the Peace. I didn't sit down much til after lunch. The wedding was really very nicely down. I met Mark in the afternoon and went to Sengkang CC to meet another group of people playing games; I'll put in my impressions later. Mark and I played Commands & Colours: Ancients, where I won. I WON. Hahahaha... Just by a slight margin though. We had dinner at Toa Payoh after, and then went home.

I went to bed at 10pm, woke up at 8am to go to work. If it seems like this post sounds as if I'm droning on, you're spot on about how I'm feeling right now. I'm tired, sleepy, and feeling drained. It's been a really busy weekend.

I think I need a quiet place to rest and recuperate where no one will disturb me. That's why I came in to the office today.

No comments: