Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sengkang = Boondocks

My god... I think Sengkang is even more boondocky than Mich's place. I mean, wow! I bet there are all sorts of unwashed hicks that live there. It seems like that sort of place. Mich! Your place in Taman Jurong is now ranked number 2 among the boondocks of Singapore.

Mark and I were there to join in a gaming group, but we ended up playing games on our own. The facilities weren't adequate and there were quite a lot of people there. It was in a very small conference room, and there wasn't a decent place for Mark and I to set up.

But that aside, my god, Sengkang can almost be considered rural. It's about as rural as we can get here in Singapore. I mean, there's only trees, open fields and HDB blocks. I know that doesn't sound all that different from other housing estates. But I think I half expected to see a paddy field around the corner or something. Maybe a few buffalos, and a horse-drawn cart.

Next time I go there, I'll remember to wear a straw hat and chew on a stalk of wheat. And sing a few mountain tunes.

1 comment:

Phoeniix said...

Boondocks = Hinterland = Backward People! mwahhahahahahha